Join our journey to bring data science in the fashion industry
Retviews is a Brussels based fashion-tech startup that builds state-of-the-art solutions for major retailers across the world. With hundreds of thousands of reference details acquired daily, we deliver real-time and accurate insights to fashion industry decision makers. Our goal is to bring innovation and speed to every retailer in the world.
As a data scientist, you will be involved in developing the next generation of insights combining business and programming expertise. The retail industry produces a tremendous amount of content, from images to texts. At Retviews, we mix continuous deployment with modern technologies in image recognition, text mining and trends analytics to extract most value of that content. You will work end-to-end including the identification of business opportunities to the data solutions implementation.
You will be part of the core technology unit, working with a team of top-notch data scientists and business engineers, building solutions for our clients across Europe and Asia. You will have have continuous contact with sales, account managers and marketing in a completely flat hierarchy.
If you are passionate about learning new technologies and working in team on small iterative projects, then Retviews is done for you. It is part of our culture to continuously learn and try new things that can make us faster and more relevant to our client. The data team at Retviews is growing fast and you will directly have great responsibilities.
We are keen to onboard the following profile:
- Advanced graduate degree in engineering, computer science (or related-fields)
- Proven track record in data-oriented projects
- Programming (preferably Python)
- Affinity with predictive modeling, text mining and image recognition
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Enjoy facing big data challenges
- Engage in continuous learning to keep track of state-of-the art technology
- You must have excellent communication skills in Dutch or French and English (verbal & written)